You are here
- SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
- COURSES TAUGHT
- RESEARCH INTERESTS
Erica Palmerini is Associate Professor of Private Law. She also teaches by contract Private law and bioethics at the University of Pisa. A graduate in Law at the Pisa University, and a PhD in Private Law at the Scuola Sant’Anna, her main research interests cover law and technology, medical law, tort law and bioethics. She coordinated the two-year European (FP7) project RoboLaw (www.robolaw.eu)-, a World Technology Award 2013 winner - on the ethical, social and legal implications of robotic technologies, and published on issues at the intersection of law and technology, and on technologies’ regulation. She carried other research projects funded by the Italian Ministry of Science and Education (Genetic identity and disabilities: the protection against discrimination in civil law”, 2007-2009) and by private institutions (Droit – Droni in Toscana, Fondazione Cassa di Risparmio di Firenze, 2015-2016). She is a member to the Association of Italian Civil Lawyers and the European Law Institute (ELI), where she partakes in the Special Interest Group on Digital law.
- Atto della vita quotidiana, in Enciclopedia del diritto, Annali, vol. X, Milano, 2017, 83-111.
- R. Leenes, E. Palmerini, B.-J. Koops, A. Bertolini, P. Salvini, F. Lucivero, Regulatory challenges of robotics: some guidelines for addressing legal and ethical issues, Law, Innovation & Technology, 9 (1) 2017, 1-44.
- Robotica e diritto: suggestioni, intersezioni, sviluppi a margine di una ricerca europea, in Resp. civ. prev., 2016, 6, 1816-1850.
- Liability and Risk Management in Robotics (with A. Bertolini), in R. Schulze and D. Staudenmayer (eds), Digital Revolution: Challenges for Contract Law in Practice, Nomos, 2016, 225-259.
- A legal perspective on body implants for therapy and enhancement, International Review of Law, Computers and Technology, 2015, 29:2-3, 226-244.
- Law and Technology. The Challenge of Regulating Technological Development (with E. Stradella, eds), Pisa University Press, 2013.
- Fonti normative (bioetica e) ordinamento giuridico italiano, in Enciclopedia di bioetica e scienza giuridica, diretta da E. Sgreccia e A. Tarantino, vol. VI, ESI, Napoli, 2013, 460-472.
- Art. 1352 – Forme convenzionali, in Commentario del codice civile diretto da E. Gabrielli, Dei contratti in generale a cura di E. Navarretta e A. Orestano, artt. 1350-1386, Torino, 2011, 185-220.
- Cura degli incapaci e tutela dell’identità nelle decisioni mediche, in Riv. dir. civ., 2008, II, 363 ss.
- Informazione genetica e tutela della persona. Implicazioni giuridiche delle analisi genetiche, Pisa, 2004.
- Private Law
- Law and Technology
- Private law and bioethics
- Regulation of emerging technologies
- Bioethics (issue at the beginning and end of life)
- Privacy, data protection, big data
- Human enhancement
- Legal aspects of genetics, neuroscience and robotics