You are here
Pablo Perez Tremps
- SELECTED PUBLICATIONS
- COURSES TAUGHT
- RESEARCH INTERESTS
- Judge, Constitutional Court of Spain (2004-2013)
- Professor (Catedrático) of Constitutional Law at the Universidad Carlos III, Madrid (1998-…) and at the Universidad de Extremadura, Cáceres (1991-1998) and Member of the Institute of Public Comparative Law, Universidad Carlos III, Madrid.
- Member of Central Electoral Council of Spain (1994-2000)
- Clerk, Constitutional Court of Spain (1988-1991)
- Assistant Professor (Titular) (1986-1991) and Instructor, (1979-1986) of Constitutional Law, Department of Constitutional Law, Universidad Complutense, Madrid.
- President of the Asociation od constitutionalists of Spain (2013-2016)
- Secretary of the Social Council, Universidad Complutense, Madrid (1986-1987) and Dean of the Law School of the University of Extremadura (1992-1994).
- "Nicolás Pérez Serrano" Award for the best doctoral thesis (1984).
- Spanish representative at the 31st, 33rd, and 38th meetings of the Venice Commission (Venice, June and December, 1997 and March, 1999.)
- Spanish representative, Provisional Authority for the Common Control of the Schengen Information System (1992-1993).
- Participation as legal expert and advisor in various projects on institutional consolidation sponsored by ILANUD (UN), the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), the Inter-American Institute of Human Rights (IIDH), the European Union, the Inter-American Development Bank (BID), and the Spanish Agency for Cooperation (AECI), in Colombia, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Hungary, Nicaragua and Peru.
- Derecho Constitucional, (in collaboration), 2 volumes, 10th. ed., Tirant Lo Blanch, Valencia, 2017.
- Sistema de Justicia Constitucional, Civitas, 2 edt., Madrid, 2016
- El recurso de amparo, Tirant Lo Blanch, 2 edt.,Valencia 2015.
- La reforma del Tribunal Constitucional, (coord.) Asociación de Constitucionalistas de España, Valencia, 2007
- Constitución Europea y Constituciones nacionales, (Drt. with M. Cartabia y B. de Witte), Tirant Lo Blanch, Valencia, 2005.
- El marco (a)constitucional del debate sobre la secesión de Quebec, Fundació Carles Pi i Sunyer, Barcelona 2004.
- La reforma del recurso de amparo (edt.), Instituto de Derecho Público Comparado, Valencia 2004.
- Constitución española y Comunidad Europea, Civitas, Madrid, 1995.
- Comunidades Autónomas, Estado y Comunidad Europea, Ministry of Justice, Madrid, 1988.
- Tribunal Constitucional y Poder Judicial, Center of Constitutional Studies, Madrid, 1985.
Over one hundred articles published in academic journals and books concerning, among other subjects, constitutional aspects of supranational integration, constitutional justice, the protection of human rights, and the territorial organization of the state.
Courses and lectures delivered at various Spanish and foreign universities and institutions in, among other countries, Argentina, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, Guatemala, Italy, Mexico, Peru, Portugal and Venezuela. Courses of Constitutional Law, European Law, Human Rights, Constitutional Justice…Courses of laurea, doctorate, Masters and special programs.
Participation in various research projects, especially those dealing with the subjects of European integration, constitutional justice, the consolidation of democracy in Latin America and the territorial organization of the state.
Researcher, Institute of Comparative Law, School of Law, University of Florence, Italy (1984-1985).